Monday, November 21, 2011

Before/After: "Broods of Fenrir"


Today's Before/After is Coral Moore's "Broods of Fenrir." This is what Coral has to say about working with me:

"Mei Lin took an otherwise cumbersome exercise and made it easy for us to work together in crafting my new blurb. I adore the results, and the process itself helped me understand some things about my book and the designing of a good summary that I can use in other areas. I enthusiastically recommend her service."

Thanks, Coral! Let's look at what we did together--and this was very much a back-and-forth collaboration:

Before:
 Brand, haunted by memories of his father's vicious rule, refuses his birthright.

The murder of a woman by one who should have been under his reign entangles him in a series of dangerous clashes bringing his vow to remain isolated from werewolf society into question. Along the way, the influence of two women drags him to the precipice of a life-changing decision.

Will the Broods of Fenrir spiral further into brutality without him, or, by leading them, can he save his people?


 After:
Shapeshifter Brand Geirson was raised to rule the Broods of Fenrir, but he refused his birthright. Instead, he killed their brutal leader--his own father--and walked away.

For hundreds of years he's avoided Brood society, until a werewolf kills an innocent human woman and Brand finds himself dragged back into the violent politics of the shapeshifters. When the two Brood women who mean the most to him come under threat, he must take up the throne and risk becoming the kind of vicious bastard his father was, or let the Broods descend further into chaos--taking the friend he swore to protect and his lover with them.


Want me to help with your blurb? I can do that.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm....very interesting! First blurb didn't catch my attention all that much - there's not much reason to read after the first sentence if it doesn't hook me. Mei's blurb, however, makes me want to read and see what happens to Brand. As a result? It's on my list at Amazon for a future read!

    ReplyDelete